So, it’s Christmas, and time for the Sami blog to pour itself a mulled wine and wind down for 2011..
As a technological company we realise our sector is surviving the recession better than most, but on the other hand we realise that many of our customers in education had another difficult year, and of course we’re all worried about the on-going financial crisis. Let’s hope Europe somehow pulls back from the brink and that locally the tentative signs of Irish recovery will develop in 2012, with no more cuts in investment in Education!
Anyway, here in Sami we are thankful we had another successful year, and we want to sincerely thank all our customers for their support. Here are some highlights;
- For the second year in a row we featured highly on the Deloitte Fast 50 Awards, being recognised as the 2nd fastest growing technological company in Ireland and the 10th fastest in the EMEA (Europe-Middle East-Africa)
- Our software licensing side of the business had another good year of growth, continuing to provide cost-effective and hassle-free software solutions to educational and non-profit organisations throughout Ireland and the UK. Contact Henry via this website or by phone on 01 8973100 for more information and you might be surprised to find how little you will have to pay!
- www.software4students.ie and www.software4students.co.uk had another amazing year, not just with great sales figures, but with a brand new website, incredible prices (of course!) and regular fun (and funny!) competitions. But more than all of that we really appreciate a customer base which engages with us so enthusiastically on our Facebook page – proving that social media is making I.T. (and retail) fun and interesting, not just for us, but for our customers too!
- Our school management system Edvance Primary had another solid year of consolidating its position as the best & most complete school management system in Ireland, and the only one with an online learning platform. We thank all our schools for their continued support and ask you to watch out for lots of exciting Edvance developments in 2012!
- Finally, as well as thanking our customers we’d like to thank all our partners whose products we are proud to sell and recommend, including – Microsoft, Adobe, Symantec, Nuance, Notion, FileMaker, Corel, Learning Horizons and Net Top.
But before we say Happy Christmas, we thought we’d leave you with a few mixed-standard (!) seasonal/topical jokes. We know our customers have a sense of humour, especially those of you who work with children!
Teacher: ‘’Tim, you missed school yesterday, didn’t you?’’
Tim: ‘’Not a bit!’’
The child comes home from his first day at school.
Mother asks, “What did you learn today?”
The kid replies, “Not enough. I have to go back tomorrow.”
How do you keep an I.T. programmer in the shower all day?
Give him a bottle of shampoo which says “lather, rinse, repeat.”
The science teacher lecturing his class in biology said, “Now I’ll show you this frog in my pocket.” He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a chicken sandwich. He looked puzzled for a second, thought deeply, and said, “That’s funny. I distinctly remember eating my lunch.”
What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus?
What’s the definition of an I.T. professional?
Someone who solves a problem you didn’t know you had in a way you don’t understand.
What did Adam say to Eve on December 24th?
“It’s Christmas, Eve!!”
Happy Christmas and best wishes for 2012 from all at Sami!