What is Microsoft Education?
Microsoft Education helps you prepare the students of today for the opportunities of tomorrow and protect your entire organization with the high standards in security and student privacy you’ve come to expect from Microsoft.
Microsoft Education consists of these new and existing services and tools from Microsoft:
- Office 365 for Education provides online apps for work from anywhere and desktop apps for advanced functionality, built for working together and available across devices, and it’s free for schools, teachers, and students
- School Data Sync to help automate the process for importing and integrating School Information System (SIS) data that you can use with Office 365
- OneNote Class Notebook to organize course content, create and deliver interactive lessons to some or all students, collaborate and provide private feedback to individual students, and connect with major LMS and SIS partners for assignment workflow
- Microsoft Intune for Education for simple set up, control, and management of the resources for your school including apps, devices, and settings
- Minecraft: Education Edition which provides an open and immersive environment to promote creativity, collaboration, and problem-solving
- Microsoft Teams to bring conversations, content, and apps together in one place and create collaborate classrooms, connect in professional learning communities, and communicate with school staff
- Learning Tools are moving beyond the OneNote desktop app and is now available in Office Lens, OneNote Online, Word Online, and Word desktop
- Whiteboard to create interactive lessons on the big screen, share and collaborate real-time by connecting to Class Notebook and Classroom
- Windows 10, version 1703 (Creators Update) which brings 3D for everyone and other new and updated Windows features
With Microsoft Education, schools can:
- Use affordable devices and simple setup – Boost creativity and get started instantly with Windows 10 devices that support Windows Ink. Set up devices in minutes and stay in control with the new Intune for Education.
- Collaborate in a modern classroom – Help students become career-ready with Office apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote. Increase comprehension and outcomes with the most advanced teaching apps like integrated Learning Tools.
- Go beyond the browser with inspiring apps for classroom learning – Inspire with Minecraft: Education Edition and innovative apps from the Microsoft Store for Education.
To learn more call us today on (01) 897 3100 to discuss your options with one of our experienced advisers.